About the Program
The NIH-NCI funded South Florida C-TIDE T32 training program at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine is accepting applications for the 2023 program cycle.
The program’s goal is to develop the next generation of cancer disparities researchers by providing exceptional training to post-doctoral fellows, such that they develop the requisite competencies for successfully pursuing high-impact, independent research organized around cancer disparities and health equity.
The program provides opportunities in a broad range of research training disciplines through two types of research tracks:
- Multilevel Determinants of Cancer Disparities in Etiology, Risk, Care and Outcomes Across the Cancer Control Continuum
- Innovative Interventions to Reduce Cancer Disparities and Improve Outcomes Across the Cancer Control Continuum
Fellows will …
- Work under the direction of a faculty mentor for 24 months.
- Develop research projects based upon his/her individual mentor research interests & expertise
- Present their research through abstracts, poster sessions, peer-reviewed publications, manuscripts & grant applications.
- Develop relevant skills in research
- Follow Individual Development Plans
- Participate in mentor/mentee and progress meetings
- Must have received terminal degree within 2 years of appointment in Behavioral Sciences, Oncology or other related discipline (PhD, MD, DO, MD/PhD)
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident or a non-citizen national, or must have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence and possess a Non-citizen Registration Receipt Card (1-151 or 1-551) or some other verification of legal admission as a permanent resident.
- Candidates must be available for a full-time, 12-month appointment and agree to undertake a minimum of two years of research, research training, or comparable experiences from the time of appointment.
- Must not have previous participation in a T32 training program.
- Application and Form Data Sheet (please request)
- Research Interest & Goals Statement (1-2 pages)
- CV in UM Format
- Three letters of recommendation
The program is currently accepting applications. Please submit applications by email to: SFLC-TIDE@miami.edu
Visit the website: South Florida C-TIDE NIH-NCI Funded Research Fellowship